Features of conjunctivitis:
- Purulent discharge (as opposed to just excessive watering, which may be present in uveitis)
- May be other contacts affected
- Enlarged preauricular lymph nodes.
Features of acute anterior uveitis:
- Pain worse on accommodation (eg reading)
- Opaque spots on cornea on ophthalmoscopy at approx 10 cm in dim light (these are keratic precipitates)
- Smaller irregular pupil
Don’t forget to check visual acuity, as well.
Credits: Saw pt today with suspected anterior uveitis so checklist helpful.